- This event has passed.
RCPH-BPSU series: Bechet’s Syndrome in children and young people
May 10 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Behçet’s syndrome is a rare multi-system inflammatory condition characterised by recurrent oral ulceration, genital ulceration, eye and skin involvement. In this webinar, the panel of speakers will present the findings of the 2017 BPSU study.
- Dr Clare Pain, Consultant Paediatric Rheumatologist, Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, Lead of Paediatric Behcet’s service at Alder Hey and chief investigator on BPSU Behcet’s study
- Dr Daniel Finn – StR in Oral Medicine, Liverpool University Dental Hospital
- Professor Robert Moots
- Professor Paul Brogan
- Understanding how UK children are affected by Behçet’s syndrome
- Improve knowledge of differential diagnoses and investigations of Behçet’s like presentations including recurrent oral ulceration
- Management of Behçet’s syndrome in children and young people
- The role of genetic testing and monogenic mimics
- How to manage recurrent oral ulceration