- This event has passed.
PKU: A Heads Up
24th May 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pmFree
Leading experts will explore the pathophysiology of PKU, the impact of high phenylalanine levels on the brain of adult patients and the effect of PKU and aging.
Phenylketonuria (PKU) is an inherited disorder that increases the levels of phenylalanine in the blood. Without treatment, children develop permanent intellectual disabilities. Seizures, delayed development, behavioural problems and psychiatric disorders are also common.
This day will explore:
- Psychological disorders and mental health
- Neurological deterioration
- Bone health
- Premature aging
- Nutritional complications
For more information and to book tickets email email@example.com
- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- 0161 789 7373
- Salford Royal Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Stott Lane, Salford
Manchester, M6 8HD United Kingdom + Google Map