M4RD is hiring (again!)
We’re looking for someone to become the part-time Medical Communications Officer for M4RD.
The successful candidate will be responsible for communications that require a good understanding of medical terminology and what it is like to work in the NHS. They will also support the wider M4RD team with policy and research activities. They will be charged with bringing the work of M4RD and patient stories to life using their creative and writing skills.
What qualities are we looking for in our Medical Communications Officer?
The ideal candidate will have experience working in the NHS in a clinical role and will have a good understanding of medical terminology. They will bring the ability to create, evaluate and adapt communication campaigns using email, social media and website content.
They will have experience within marketing and communications and be flexible, enthusiastic and highly motivated. They will have great communication skills and demonstrate the empathy required to translate patient stories into sympathetic and powerful communications for spreading M4RD’s message to medical professionals.
- Life sciences degree, MBBS, PhD or MSc preferred.
- Previous experience working in a clinical role in the NHS that requires a foundation understanding of physiology and medical terminology
- Knowledge of the impact of rare diseases/chronic illness and understanding of medicine and medical terminology
- Previous experience in communications and marketing
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in design and copywriting
- Resourcefulness, creativity and tenacity to meet goals and desired outcomes
- Ability to draft creative, effective and engaging communications
- Empathetic and sensitive
- Collaborative and inclusive with a well-developed ability to work effectively in a team
- Humility and knowing your own limitations
- Entrepreneurial and problem-solving style
- Ability to meet deadlines and plan ahead
- Well organised
- Scrupulous attention to detail
Working for M4RD
The Medical Communications Officer is a part-time position that will always be remote, even when pandemic restrictions are lifted. Therefore candidates need to have enjoyed experiences of working from home. They will need a quiet place to work and an internet connection.
Salary: £8,000 pro rata (equivalent to £30,000 full-time annual salary)
Working hours: 10 hours per week, usually between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Timetable tbc with CEO upon successful interview. Very occasional evening and (less often) weekend work may be required.
Place of work: At home, in a quiet place with internet connection. Occasional travel to events will be required.
THIS JOB VACANCY IS NOW CLOSED
Please email email@example.com for a job description.