Would you like to join our team?
As the Operations and Finance Manager you will manage the operational core of M4RD, ensuring we have the right size internal systems, processes and procedures to underpin and deliver our activities in order to deliver our mission, vision and objectives.
You will also support the team with operational elements of project delivery and will provide administrative support to the CEO. If you are someone who loves keeping things (and people!) organised, are values-led, and if you have a commitment to helping to raise the profile of rare diseases, this could be the role for you!
You will have the understanding and experience of the operational skills needed to meet the needs of a growing, fast paced charity. You will bring the ability to evaluate, adapt and create effective processes needed for M4RD’s operations and culture to thrive, problem solving challenges where needed.
You’ll be a great organiser. Flexible, enthusiastic and highly motivated, you will have great communication skills with the ability to build relationships with a range of diverse stakeholders, bringing your professional excellence to all aspects of the role.
Your key responsibilities
● Oversight of day to day operations including: policies; GDPR; personnel.
● Ensuring the charity’s finance function operates effectively and efficiently.
● Managing a member of the M4RD Team.
● Supporting the CEO and the Board of Trustees.
The role includes Operational Management and Administration, Financial Administration, CEO Support, Project Delivery and Communications duties.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead on the management and maintenance of M4RD’s operational systems and processes, including calendar and Monday project management boards, ensuring all content including project timelines and related project documents are up to date and accessible.
- Work closely with the CEO on M4RD financial management including with annual and monthly budget forecasting and reconciliations, tracking invoices and liaising directly with accountants, bookkeepers and service providers as needed.
- Support the CEO with M4RD strategy development.
- Work in partnership with other members of the M4RD team to forecast and plan project timelines, including time allocations and milestones, ensuring the relevant boards are updated on Monday.
- Organise staff meetings and internal M4RD events
- Work with the CEO with the preparation of the annual report and impact report.
- You are values driven!
- You enjoy communicating with people at different levels of seniority (written and verbal) and can do so effectively, efficiently and with sensitivity.
- You can demonstrate understanding of the rare disease space and/or working for a small charity – you may have worked in a rare disease organisation/small charity before, you may have volunteered, or you may just have a keen interest; either way you will have appreciation of the unique opportunities and challenges we face.
M4RD exists to provide education and practical tools targeted at medical professionals, enabling them to improve diagnosis and care of people living with rare conditions.
An estimated 3.5 million people in the UK live with a rare condition and one of the greatest challenges highlighted by this patient group is lack of medical professional awareness. A rare disease is one that affects fewer than 1 in 2000 in a population and approximately 7000 rare conditions have been described. Rare diseases have been a health priority in the UK and across the globe for many years now. Our power to diagnose rare conditions and our scope for treatment has vastly accelerated in the last twenty years.
Working for M4RD
Salary: 38k per year
Location: The role is a hybrid: remote and office working in High Wycombe. The candidate must be able to attend the office in High Wycombe once a week.
We’ll be receiving applications until 8 December 2023 and will be holding in-person interviews in early January 2024 in High Wycombe. Please apply online using our Google Application Form by 9am on 8 December. We welcome enquiries about the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, at this time, we can only consider candidates for this role who have the current legal right to work in the UK.