M4RD is growing…
We’re looking for someone to fill the new role of Projects Assistant for M4RD.
The role will involve supporting the CEO (and wider M4RD team) in the development and delivery of a variety of projects focussed on raising awareness of rare disease and providing education and practical tools targeted at medical professionals.
As well as supporting the CEO and team, you will have the opportunity to lead your own projects.
What qualities are we looking for in our Projects Assistant?
You will have the understanding and experience of the skills needed to meet the needs of a growing, fast paced charity.
You will have proven experience in project management.
Experience in the areas of rare disease or health is desirable.
You will also be able to work well independently and within a team.
Key areas of day-to-day responsibility and oversight will include but not be limited to:
- Planning and preparation for projects
- Managing workflow of 2 or 3 projects at one time
- Collaborating with external organisations and stakeholders
- Supporting the CEO with project work
- Delivering projects on time
- Working with other team members in order to achieve goals
- Arranging and assisting at events (usually remotely)
Examples of projects:
- Surveying target audience about their learning needs
- Adding to the M4RD Learn platform
- The Rare Disease Podcast 4 Medics
Experience, skills and attributes
- Excellent written English, highly numerate and advanced user of Google WorkPlace.
- Confident in using technology, project management tools and the ability to pick up new software quickly.
- Experience of preparing and presenting reports/findings that include a range of information to audiences.
- Experience of communicating clearly with the ability to adapt your communication style for different audiences.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously whilst meeting deadlines.
- Able to deliver high quality work to the best of your ability and achieve high standards even while under pressure.
- Positive with a can-do attitude..
- Acts responsibly, takes accountability and communicates honestly.
M4RD exists to provide education and practical tools targeted at medical professionals, enabling them to reduce the diagnostic odyssey and improve the patient experience.
The charity is small and consists of a friendly group of staff and Trustees. The work can be intense but rewarding as the charity responds to the needs of the rare disease political landscape. Within reason we try to be flexible in order to make the most out of your skills and time. If you like project management, being organised and working at a fast pace on something fun then please do apply.
Working for M4RD
The Projects Assistant role is a *full-time position that will always be remote, even when pandemic restrictions are lifted. Therefore candidates need to have enjoyed experiences of working from home. They will need a quiet place to work and an internet connection.
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Working hours: *35 hours per week, usually between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday. Timetable tbc with CEO upon successful interview. Very occasional evening and (less often) weekend work may be required.
Place of work: At home, in a quiet place with internet connection. Occasional travel to events will be required.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 21 JANUARY 2022. Interview will take place on 2/3 February 2022.
Please email email@example.com for a job description.