M4RD is hiring
Please note that this job vacancy is now closed for applicants – 21st March 2021
We’re looking for someone to become the part-time Operations and Finance Manager for M4RD.
The successful candidate will be responsible for handling both internal operations and external projects and communications. They will work closely with the CEO and the Board of Trustees to support, inform and implement M4RD’s activities in order to deliver its mission, vision and objectives.
What qualities are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have the operational skills required to meet the needs of a growing, fast paced charity. They will bring the ability to evaluate, adapt and create effective processes needed for M4RD’s operations and culture to thrive, problem solving challenges where needed.
They will have experience within fundraising, including working with external companies to bring in sponsorship.
They will be flexible, enthusiastic and highly motivated. They will have great communication skills with the ability to build relationships with a range of diverse stakeholders.
- GCSE English, Maths and Science A*-C grade (or equivalent)
- Previous experience in fundraising and project managing are particularly key
- Knowledge of the impact of rare diseases/chronic illness and understanding of medicine and medical terminology
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to think strategically and execute in a well-planned manner
- Proficient in using Google Docs, Canva, Twitter and Facebook
- Resourcefulness, creativity and tenacity to meet goals and desired outcomes
- Ability to draft creative, effective and engaging communications
- Collaborative and inclusive with a well-developed ability to work effectively in a team
- Humility and knowing your own limitations
- Entrepreneurial and problem-solving style
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Well organised
- Scrupulous attention to detail and ability to multi-task
Working for M4RD
This is a part-time position that will always be remote, even when pandemic restrictions are lifted. Therefore candidates need to have enjoyed experiences of working from home. They will need a quiet place to work and an internet connection.
Salary: £16,000 pro rata (equivalent to £30,000 full-time annual salary)
Working hours: 20 hours per week, usually between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Timetable tbc with CEO upon successful interview. Occasional evening and (less often) weekend work may be required.
Place of work: At home, in a quiet place with internet connection. Occasional travel to events will be required.
Closing date: 20th March 2021
THIS JOB VACANCY IS NOW CLOSED
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org citing “Job vacancy” as the subject.